454 L29 engine rebuilt no spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knarf

Reaction score
Hello All,
We have rebuilt and replaced the 454 in my 2000 Chevy express 3500 RV ... We can't get it running, we have fuel and no spark. We have flashed it with new tune and VAT has been disabled, No codes however HP tuner seeing no spark..
Yes, injectors are firing we can smell fuel.

New coil
New ICM
New distributor
New crank senser

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello All,
We have rebuilt and replaced the 454 in my 2000 Chevy express 3500 RV ... We can't get it running, we have fuel and no spark. We have flashed it with new tune and VAT has been disabled, No codes however HP tuner seeing no spark..
Yes, injectors are firing we can smell fuel.

New coil
New ICM
New distributor
New crank senser
I’d verify no spark with an inline checker. And also check actual fuel pressure before assuming anything.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More info about what you have checked would help. Did you check the fuses?

knarf

Reaction score
I’d verify no spark with an inline checker. And also check actual fuel pressure before assuming anything.
Inline checker done... Plugs are wet.. will do pressure check.
More info about what you have checked would help. Did you check the fuses?
Sorry yes all fuses have been check and double checked... Power going to all sensors don't have O scope to see pulse.. ecu flashed back to original and tested still no spark 3 different coils checked and one new.. 4 ICM one new.. two different distributors nothing...