400 C.I. Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
You still would need to reach stioch, cobsidering its an entirely dofferent motor than stock you may need more air and more fuel so factor that in now because if you dont throw.it all ogether and halfass iy expecting.it to run just ok you gonna mess it up later on. You say you want something thats different but theres tons of.different trucks out there that are entire pikes of half arsed garbage dont be like that instead.do it properly if you so determind on using that engine combo and at least maje it rn great not just ok. Thats the entire point yoir missing. Im.glad.for.whatever persom says they got.so much power out of a stock intake and such i havent seen proof if life on that so who knows what has actually happenwd to that motor in all honesty.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
disaster waiting to happen, haha. save the headache and just set your cash on fire.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The stock Vortec fuel injection can not handle 400-450hp. You would need to convert to the marine intake and injection. I proved everything out for my engine before I decided it was better to buy it already built. You are looking at, like stated above, around 2000 for rotating assembly and machining. That alone you are over your estimate. That doesn't include heads, cam, valves, valve springs, rocker arms, gaskets, oil, heads. You will be close to 4k into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
If you are serious about doing this, build a 406 (6 inch rod), drill your steam holes (been done a million times), run a comp 268 or so roller cam. Factory computer would run this, and when you have more money to put towards it and want even more power, have it tuned. You will have to drill a hole in the side of the block for your knock sensor. Dress it up in vortec attire and let her roll.