4 Link w/ coilovers ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Good to know. I'll def offset them a little. So as of right now you guys havent answered my questions, but in your defense I was kinda askin for a handout,:D. It seems I will have to get the truck torn apart, set the axle where I want it, mount my coilover tabs, and the measure with the truck at ride height. I am curious about the spring weight though. I don't wanna get to stiff or not enough either. Anybody got a ballpark where I can start lookin?

To be honest, and not tryin to push you away, but you will most likely get a more accurate answer to your question if you contact qa1 directly and tell them every aspect of your truck, including what you wanna do with it. They'll need to know tire height(this way they can guesstimate your ride height) or just tell them your lengths after you've measured ride height, compressed height, and extended height. Give them the curb weight, pretty much volunteer all the info of the vehicle....even if they ask you to stop, keep telling them :p

If Jim is around and isn't too busy, he can help you in dialing in exactly what you need.

No pics until I'm finished....I've got the engine pulled for the 6th time now, still doing some changes to the cable operated clutch assembly, hard to get it just right, also gotta disassemble carb's secondary throttle shaft and loosen the tension on throttle spring. Now, when I got these, I didn't get lifetime warranty papers on them, just a sheet with a number of a repair center. I had a pair of light duty qa1's on my work truck and blew up the driver's side within 6weeks, replaced with an old set of AVO's and they're still functioning....as far as I know atleast. As with any shock, abuse can destroy them if they aren't tuned correctly, make sure ya get them done right before hitting the mountain passes.

Last edited:

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I def plan on it. It's gonna be a daily driven truck so nothing crazy but it needs to be dependable too. I would like to do a setup like yours, it just doesn't fit in the suspension budget right now. I guess I will do just like everybody else and run a parrelle 4 link with 2 coilovers.....for now, lol. I will contact QA1 before I get it torn apart.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
There is a guy on fsc running a 4 link with coil overs i cant think of screen name rt now but I can look it after while

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've talked to a couple of guys on GMFS (not to active on FSC) and basically I can run almost any size I want, it will just change where I put my crossmember for the top shock mount. I've already come to terms with cutting the bed. I am going to have to do that for sure.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
JW why go through that much work and not just bag specailly if you have to cut the bed anyways?

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want the performance. And the coilovers are way cheaper. I will eventually be going to coilovers in the front too.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
wondering as well... what did you end up using ... how did you know what the weight of the rear of the truck was to pick the right coil over?