4.8L Vortec in a 94 C1500 wiring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I was hired to complete a project for a customer. The owner has a 94 1500 manual with a blown. They had a "friend" with a 99GMC c1500 with 4.8L. He swapped the motor, changed the flywheel, and could not get it to work. I was looking to see if anyone had a quick guide of wires to save me some wire tracing and time. If not will do it myself and take pictures for the next person who does the swap!
(Sorry about poor picture quality)
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score

Thank you that is similar to what I was going off from All Data (if anyone needs any pages from All Data let me know)

I have most of it wired up now. It will fire up and start but still wont stay running. I have power to injectors, coils, starter, fuel pump etc. Plenty of pressure at the fuel rail, but only stays running for a second then it turns off. The exhaust was cutoff but original "friend" but wasnt aware if it had to have a signal from 02 sensors or not to stay running. Going to keep looking, but if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know the wires on the ecu that get the resistance signal from the ignition/BCM? I looked but havent found it yet. My best guess is the yellow wire and black/white wire on the blue plug (picture attached)

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Or does anyone have one with a stock tune and the theft crap amd other useless stuff removed? Prefer buying on forum and help both people out versus ebay/Amazon etc