37s and 3:73s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Damn, you guys are lucky to be getting 15 mpg+ with 285s and 3:73s, I can barley squeak past 12.5 on a good day. If you are going to 37s, I'd swap to 4:56s. On an OEM wheel, their width is only 7", I'd get something a little wider than that, most people seem to recommend at least 9" or 10" of width. Just my opinion though, rock the stockers if you want, my dad put 315/75r16s on some 6 inch dually rims and they are a bit on the narrow side, so they bow in the middle, I'm guessing that's what your 37s will do as well. They will work, but your tread probably won't wear correctly.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn, you guys are lucky to be getting 15 mpg+ with 285s and 3:73s, I can barley squeak past 12.5 on a good day. If you are going to 37s, I'd swap to 4:56s. On an OEM wheel, their width is only 7", I'd get something a little wider than that, most people seem to recommend at least 9" or 10" of width. Just my opinion though, rock the stockers if you want, my dad put 315/75r16s on some 6 inch dually rims and they are a bit on the narrow side, so they bow in the middle, I'm guessing that's what your 37s will do as well. They will work, but your tread probably won't wear correctly.

My oem wheels are off a way newer ( think 2014) GMC Denali , the factory 20s are 8.5" wide so don't think they would "bubble out" alot , the 33s I had on em didn't atleast. Don't know how wide my boss wheels are but look to atleast be a 10" wide wheel , even though I don't like the way they look I may end up having to run em for a while till I can find a set I like. I love the look of the Denali wheels tho, that's the wheel I really wanna run, maybe I'll end up buying skinnier tires like 10.50s but don't want em to look like bicycle tires on it either lol.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are the rims I have that I wanna try and use. They are currently getting powedercoated crinkle black , think they are gonna look awesome , whole truck is gonna get bedlined with that army sand color ( like a tanish color).

You must be registered for see images attach

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My oem wheels are off a way newer ( think 2014) GMC Denali , the factory 20s are 8.5" wide so don't think they would "bubble out" alot , the 33s I had on em didn't atleast. Don't know how wide my boss wheels are but look to atleast be a 10" wide wheel , even though I don't like the way they look I may end up having to run em for a while till I can find a set I like. I love the look of the Denali wheels tho, that's the wheel I really wanna run, maybe I'll end up buying skinnier tires like 10.50s but don't want em to look like bicycle tires on it either lol.
You should be fine with the width. I've ran 13.50s on the stock 16s and I believe they are only 7.5 wide no issues. The low offset of the OEM wheels is where youd end up with scrubbing issues. Youll clear the bumper and fenders fine but itll put you closer to the frame and torsion bars. But you said your adding a body lift so you would probably be able to add small spacers if needed.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are what's on my truck right now and I think they r ugly asf tho

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Oooohhh, ok, I thought you were talking about the stock sawblades for these trucks. Yeah those Denali rims should be wide enough for the tires.

Those are what's on my truck right now and I think they r ugly asf tho

I agree, those are ugly, glad you are getting Denali rims instead, haha.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oooohhh, ok, I thought you were talking about the stock sawblades for these trucks. Yeah those Denali rims should be wide enough for the tires.

I agree, those are ugly, glad you are getting Denali rims instead, haha.
I already have the Denali rims, got em off a scrap guy for 2 old batteries and a set of stock alloy rims off my kids blazer lol. The chrome was peeling badly , and there were a few cracks on the rear bead. I welded the cracks up, and sandblasted/wire wheeled the old chrome off and now deciding on either black bedliner or black crinkle powdercoating. Gotta pay for powdercoating and bedliner I can do myself. Kinda like the idea of doing it all myself and the ability to touch em up easily ( I used to powercoat so I know u can mix acetone and powder together and it'll patch dings in finish too but bedliner is easier).

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
I think I would go with powder coat, seems like it lasts a long time.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I would go with powder coat, seems like it lasts a long time.
It doesn't last much longer up here than any other finish really. I work on so many cars I see factory wheels, painted wheels, powedercoated wheels and just about 2 winter's and all of it is coming off lol. The UP is brutal on anything "car" up here.