355 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found out why my motor wasn't as good as other vortecs and my valves seals being messed up didn't help much either but instead of being a brand new crate motor like i was told when i bought it it has been rebuilt and bored 30 over but with new rings and everything else practically new it should run like a top and if I can figure out how to post pics I will.

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not saying that's why it didn't run good the motor was put back together by some dumbasses and it was all gunk up everything put it this way I found screws and a walnut in my intake valley

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
maybe im nuts, but i like my motors to be built in damn near sterile environments. Most ORs wish they were as clean as I get my work space for motor work.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying that's why it didn't run good the motor was put back together by some dumbasses and it was all gunk up everything put it this way I found screws and a walnut in my intake valley

ah okay...a walnut 'eh? heh nice, thats to give it some omega-3 fatty acids, its good for it...:lol:

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea a damn walnut and yea I want my motor as clean as I can get it but when I get the pics up I think you'll think its pretty clean

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hell i know its clean im waitin fot uj to get the damn thing back togethor,,was it even a vortec or did it just have the heads and intake?????

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats all a vortec is really and a different cam but yea it was a vortec but i want a 4 bolt instead of the 2 bolt cause i have plans for it later tony it'll be bad