355 TBI VS 383 TBI BUILD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to revise my earlier post. Got to calculating what I would need to support the expected 400HP or so, and my 350 injectors are just not going to cut it. So, in adition to the 454 spacer, Im going to run the 454 TBI unit too. Calculations said I needed 106lbs injectors,so I'll run the 80#ers at about 23lbs and be good. The vacuum referenced FPR will keep it from having idle problems.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to revise my earlier post. Got to calculating what I would need to support the expected 400HP or so, and my 350 injectors are just not going to cut it. So, in adition to the 454 spacer, Im going to run the 454 TBI unit too. Calculations said I needed 106lbs injectors,so I'll run the 80#ers at about 23lbs and be good. The vacuum referenced FPR will keep it from having idle problems.

I have all those parts on the shelf ready to go if you need them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score

On that though, I had a bad experience with rebuilt 454 injectors off of fleabay. I don’t remember the seller, but one injector just dumped gas while the other sprayed normal. Just giving a heads up.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

The 400 HP Marine 502 used a single 2" bore TBI unit with 61 lb/hr high pressure injectors at 32 psi for 104 lb/hr.

I ran a Weiand 177 supercharged 350 TBI on stock low pressure 350 injectors using a boost/vacuum refereced regulator set at a base 30 psi but under 10 lbs of boost they were running at 40 psi. At idle they ran about 22 psi.

Shkafar

Reaction score
Exactly what I’m doing. I tried tuning the stock TBI to work, but gave up.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi.
I want make something simular.

Heads - vortec
Intake - Edelbroke TBI for Vortek
Stroker KIT
New camshaft/
But delivery very expansive :)

But what about 4L60E ? I think , need make 4L65E? What do you think?