350 TBI Running rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been having an issue with my truck lately, it idles kinda roughly but if its under load and under about 2k rpm's its runs pretty rough, shaking the truck, but once it gets over around 2200 it runs just like normal. it seems like its getting too much fuel but i'm not sure. I've already replaced fuel filter, plug wires(one was burnt), distributor cab and rotor and cleaned all the spark plugs. The cap and rotor cleaned it up a little bit but its still doing it. Any idea where to start now?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt, might be shocked how dirty it is, mine had a shake took the TBI off found the base gasket was cracked and missing in one spot, replaced it along with a cleaning and rebuild been great since

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya, get a TBI rebuild kit off Ebay or your local parts store take it all apart, use carb cleaner clean it up real good don't use the carb cleaner on the tps, iac or Injectors, its pretty easy to take apart theres vids on youtube too

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Does it sound 'loud' and lope at idle? You may have a stuck EGR problem, not uncommon. You can try your fingers or another vacuum source like a hand pump to try and move the diaphragm.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does it sound 'loud' and lope at idle? You may have a stuck EGR problem, not uncommon. You can try your fingers or another vacuum source like a hand pump to try and move the diaphragm.

No, it doesn't really sound any louder than usual at idle. every now and then it sounds like it has a little "baby" backfire, just kinda like a blub noise. I Fixed a vacuum line just earlier and it smoothed it out a little but it still does it some.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bogging down has gotten worse and it's backfiring through the throttle body now...i've gotta get this fixed. anyone have any ideas?