350 TBI - No Power When Towing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95k2500

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

These are the old plugs, finally got a chance to change them. Top 4 are from the driver's side, bottom 4 are from the passenger side. Look like pretty normal wear, a couple are a bit dirtier...

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couple of those look oil fouled. And a couple look like the cylinders may have been borderline hot

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think any one of those plugs look "bad", but they certainly dont look consistant. Some look like they have 150k on them and a few look brand new. Might just be time for a tune up.

95k2500

Reaction score
Changed them all out and gapped at .035 ... today going to tackle the fuel filter. I've got fuel injector cleaner in the tank right now too. Took it for a good run last night and it definitely has a hesitation under hard throttle, once it's up around 2,500-3,000 rpm it seems to stutter when you push down the pedal. That behaviour is what is being magnified by the trailer when towing, so that's the mystery I need to solve.

95k2500

Reaction score
Towed the same fifth wheel this weekend and what a difference! New plugs & a bottle of injector cleaner were the only two items I knocked off the list and it towed the trailer great, even would shift into 3rd and still tug up the modest inclines.

Appreciate all the suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk