350 tbi mods worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay i have a 1994 chevy 350 tbi. i am naive when it comes to the throttle body world and unit it self. I was wondering if it is worth it doing to a stock 350? I have my eye on this aftermarket tbi on ebay ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/46mm-Ultima...rns-/261404675536?vxp=mtr&hash=item3cdceecdd0 ) i plan on eventually doing headers until the engine blows. Would it be worth it? to do right now on a motor with exhaust mods? or not really. Would my gas milage go down and would i feel any power on the basically stock 350?

any input would be appreciated!

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
You can do that yourself very easily, although I've never seen any point in doing so.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is stock except for the TBI mods and Hedman LT headers. I finally got some Moates equipment to datalog and tune, the modifications make some sort of difference, because it runs lean enough to pull 6-8 degrees of timing under acceleration. So just those mods are enough to make the stock tune useless. TBI mods + headers do make a difference, my truck holds OD up slight grades much better than it did stock. Should be a noticeable difference through the RPM band once I get it tuned though.

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might make a note that the TBI you linked is NOT just a TBI with the "ultimate TBI mods" its actually got those mods along with the bored 4mm chambers, that TBI isn't recommended for none modified engines ex. heads, cam, intake, exhaust. If you want to get a little more out of your TBI do the mods yourself (easy as hell), injector pod spacer (can be done yourself or you can buy the actual spacer for pretty cheap), the always debatable throttle body spacer, and if you want (not really needed for stock engine) get a 14 psi regulator spring (stock is 12 psi)