350 TBI is all but done for, so....

What should I do with my budget?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel907

Reaction score
A big block will be nice to throw in there, but 99'Subourbon laid out a pretty nice price list. Which is reasonable without a doubt, except maybe an Edelbrock performer RPM or Air Gap instead of the Victor Jr., which would more practical as a daily.

If you enjoy doing the work, you could find a set of vortec heads for cheaper as well, and just do some cleaning up on em. I've only spent about $220 on the set I'm working on and by the time I am done it may be ~$300 or 350. Just depends on how patient you are.

Zs_Silverado

Reaction score
Gotcha. So when this is all said and done, who would do the tuning? From what I've read TBI chips are hard as hell to tune and mess around with.

Daniel907

Reaction score
Thats all on you,

you could spend the extra money and buy the supplies to learn, and tune yourself. You could find someone local, or even through a tuner like TBI chips (I have no experience or preference for TBI Chips, just the first name that came to mind).

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Howel, Turbo City come to mind, but I honestly can't tell you who's preferred.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Rebuild the engine you have. No major cooling system mods, engine mount mods, accessories drive system mods, etc.

FTR, my opinion has not been influenced by anything fast55 ever said.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hate to be the LS fanboy but it is a better platform so that is the direction that I would head with one exception. I would buy a cheap junkyard 350 and refresh the tranny and just drive it for a year or so while I built what I wanted.

89Ed

Reaction score
I am just completing a similiar build and I will keep you posted. I went with Comp roller- 260r - 4x4 series. new aftermarket vortecs were 430.00 through Liberty engines.( bare). Hope to have a dyno sheet within a few weeks before it goes in. I'm in well past 2500 and that's no labor, only crank balance and some cleaning