305 oil high milage bad vavle seals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well guys my firebird has a 305 with bad valve seals a 205k miles on it, for the mean time i was wondering what weight and viscosity oil is best for the smoking i was reading 20-50w but would that be okay for california climate. i was also reading marvel mistery oil would help. i know htere are some engine experts on here that could help alot of us high milage people out. lol

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
in my experience marvel is a good product.....but it made my old nova burn worse than before...it may have "cleaned" it out too much haha...Id substitute one quart of oil for a quart of lucas and keep driving it...Many a GM has been known to burn alil haha..

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah i know i want to seafoam it but im scared it might clean it out a little too good and something bad happen. lol im going to replace to block later just for now im tired of the smoking on start up