3, 4, 6, 912 link? What is best for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is the deal. 93 C1500 ECSB 4/6 drop. The truck will have about 450hp to the ground. I want to run wide rubber on the back. I will also be running a 14sf rear that will have 13" rotors. I'm not sold on airbags. Once the ride height is set I won't be changing it. I want something that rides nice, handles like a sport truck and might occasionally tow 3-4000 pounds.
From my reading it seems that a 3 link is the only way to avoid moving the fuel tank. I don't mind welding but honestly, I don't want to deal with engineering. I want something that I forget that it is there, no random problems.
So, am I better off with leaf springs and caltracks?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A lot of people believe the stock leafs and caltracs work wonders. If I was you I would probably go that route because I'm not sure 450hp justifies a 4 link in your case. The reason I went the 4 link route is because we will have 1000hp at the crank in a year or two. If you go the three link route I would probably go the air bag route because it will help with towing/leveling the load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For my 2 cents, I would use a nice heavy wall parallel 4 link and and a long panhard bar with coilovers, for what you are wanting, it will ride good, have great articulation, it will plant the tires very well, also it will keep the pinion angle under control better than a lot of other systems, and since no bags then a properly adjusted panhard bar will work great, and no need to move the gas tank. You should be able to drive it for years with no issue. I am running 500HP on my 6 link, it hooks up like a rocket.