2WD SAS Possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
After doing some more research, I think it'll just be best to plan for a 7" lift with 35s. This lift should allow me to avoid cutting the crossmember. As for the transmission/transfer case, it'll probably be easier (and maybe even cheaper in the long run) to stop looking for highly sought after divorced T-Cases and just rebuild my 2WD trans for 4WD, and slap a passenger drop NP241 behind it and call it a day. I think the 4WD crossmember should bolt in with no issue.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Around me a pass drop 241 is as easy to find as a 79 ford d60.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a divorced T-case from a 74 D250 if you're interested.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have not SAS'd a truck, but...

I think your life will be much easier if you use as many stock things as possible. Rebuild yours as or buy a transmission that was intended for 4x4. Use a stock, married Tcase that was designed to run behind a 4l60/700r4 or something else that will fit with an adapter and doesn't require a ton of custom fab work. Use a GMT400 14 bolt in the rear, use something common and easy to find (and easy to find parts for) in the front, like a d60 from a Chevy or Ford, so on and so forth.

Someone said get the truck SAS'd first and worry about 4x4 later. He has a good point, but be sure you at least have a general idea of how you want to make it 4x4 first. You don't want to dump $$$$ into the SAS and then find out later that making it 4x4 is too much for you.