2wd Oil Line Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rock Hard Concrete

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most everything I read says I need an adapter to get rid of my oil cooler lines. I understand it is supposed to bolt in place of the stock o e. Heres my problem, I went to napa to buy one and he says that I wont need it and that the stock one comes off and there is already a threaded piece in there. I saw one account online supporting his claim but the rest say I need an adapter. It is a 1990 tbi 350 2wd.

I know the answer is likely that I need the adapter but I keep getting booted by napa. The first time I went he wouldnt sell me one cause my truck didnt come with it and he wasnt smart enough to figure his computer out. Now Im told I dont need it. I dont give a damn I just need to get rid of these leaking lines.

Jim2029

Reaction score
FWTW, Back when I had my 1997 4.3L ECSB 5 speed, I took the adapter off, removed the threaded nipple from it, screwed it into the block and put a filter on. Never had an issue.

I tried this on a late 90's suburban with a 350sbc but it wouldn't work.

98vortec

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes you will need the adapter for deleting the oil cooler i deleted mine on a 1995 350 tbi