2WD Lift Spindle Installation (Do it yourself or go to a shop?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Hey so as i posted before, i just purchased some Fabtech Lift Spindles for my C3500 crew cab.. I'm trying to figure out what i'm going to do with the installation, i'm assuming quite a few of you have done this yourself.

How difficult was it?

Anybody have it done at a shop? Cost?

I'm leaning on doing it myself, but if it's one of those things thats going to be a major PITA i'll just take it somewhere..

I'm also thinking about replacing all the ball joints while i'm at it. Here's the truck, it will get 18x10's on 285/60/18's.

You must be registered for see images attach

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
The only thing i'm worried about is the ball joints, i'd like to replace them at the same time, however i do not have a ball joint press.

I've bent two of the harbor freight ones. However for what a shop would charge you, you could get a decent one and have it for future repairs.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Yeah, i mean i guess if there is nothing wrong with the ball joints i could leave em. But idk.

I may just get a quote for the hell of it. It will need a alignment anyway.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing i'm worried about is the ball joints, i'd like to replace them at the same time, however i do not have a ball joint press.

Uppers are cake, I removed the lower arms and took them to machine shop and had them press in/out new bushings and B/J's .. I think it cost like 30 bucks. You could also just buy new arms with oem bushings and b/j's from rock auto . I did that the first time I lifted this truck worked great....

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Overall just the spindle is easy right? Just remove upper bolt, lower bolt, then the steering and you're good it seems like.