2wd 2 door tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alameda81

Reaction score
this is my first post so please dont kill me since i have seen that it has been covered before, but after browsing for a while I wasn't able to find a clear answer. I'm going to be lowering my 99 tahoe this weekend with spindles and springs up front for a 4" drop and a flip kit in the rear which should give me 5.5" of drop. my questions are what shocks should I run in this setup and what shock extenders should I go with? I have seen a lot of threads about shocks but everyone that I see is suggesting something different.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We ran factory monroe shocks on front and I think 98 s10 shocks in the rear of my dads 2dr Tahoe. And truck shock extenders in rear, got them on ebay for like 36 shipped. Rides pretty good for cheap shocks. Probably ride better with the better grade Monroe shocks. My dad just wanted it done quick to see how it rode and its pretty good. Heard these will work to Monroe Sensa-Trac
37027 - rear (92 Cherokee Sport)
37137 - front (98 Dakota)

alameda81

Reaction score
thanks for the response. the factory shocks work up front? I didn't think that would work.