285/75/16's on stock K2500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enginebuilder

Reaction score
I've got a 1995 GMC Sierra K2500 (heavy half, really, as it's a six-lug) 4x4. Looking to put new tires on it, and a friend recommended the following tires:

Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 285/75/16's

I'm using the stock rims, on the stock suspension. Will these fit? Would hate to spend that kind of money on a set of tires, only to have to drop MORE money on a lift kit.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With a torsion bar crank they will fit but your ride will be a bit harsher and the tire will be slightly ballooned. 265's will fit without cranking and will fit the stock wheels better.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I didn't have much trouble on my truck. Going in reverse with the wheels turned I'd get one that rubbed. My tires were used, so new one would probably do it a bit more. My truck is a 1-ton, but it's not like it sits real high like the newer trucks, Fords, or Dodges. I did not have my truck cranked.

Oh, I removed the valance too, but you don't have to. It can be trimmed.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
I've got a 1995 GMC Sierra K2500 (heavy half, really, as it's a six-lug) 4x4. Looking to put new tires on it, and a friend recommended the following tires:

Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 285/75/16's

I'm using the stock rims, on the stock suspension. Will these fit? Would hate to spend that kind of money on a set of tires, only to have to drop MORE money on a lift kit.

You can swing them no problem maybe a little trimming on the valence and you're good. I swing 33s with a slight crank no issues

Sent from my 3/4 ton iPhone

ChevyDave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put 285's on my completely stock 93 z71 and they don't rub what so ever. They only have 5/32 of tread left thought. Love the look of this size though.
As far as the duratrac's, go with them, no matter what size you get. They are a great tire and have a very long tread life if you don't abuse them. I will be getting a set of them before winter.