2000 K2500 7.4 not starting. Has fuel and spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slothalyzer

Reaction score
Hey guys
I just did the intake manifold gaskets on my 7.4. Once i got it back together, it turns over very strong but will not start. I tore it all down and double checked everything, put it back together, and again, no start. So i tore it all down 1 more time. I double check i installed the distributor correctly at TDC, checked that i had spark, check that i had fuel pressure, checked all the plugs and they were moist with gas so i know all injectors are firing but still won't start. Do you guys have any ideas? It ran just fine before i tore it down for the intake gaskets. I'm almost at my wits end with this. any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fuel + spark + no fire = bad timing

I worked with a guy who was rebuilding an old 350. He swore up and down that he set the distributor properly at TDC. He fought it for a week before he finally took our advice and rotated the engine one more time and it fired up the first time. Check out the article Christian posted