2000 Chevy k2500 crew cab cab corner replacement advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K2500fourdoor

Reaction score
I’m gonna be tackling my cab corners tomorrow (and my rockers but I’m only cutting out the little bit that’s bad and patching that) and I’m looking for any advice quick before I start. Mainly wondering how to attach the corner inside the door jam, do I weld it or is there some sort of silicone that goes in there? And how do I go about attaching the corner where it meets the rocker panel? Do I cat a slit between the corner and rocker and slip the new corner in and weld it? And help is awesome!!

ddaxe

If it don't go... chrome it..!!
Reaction score
you spot weld (plug weld) the corner in the door jamb.. (drill holes and weld them up) and use paintable seam sealer to smooth it out.. you may have to trim the section where the corner meets the rocker.. the aftermarket corners needs to be trimmed.. a little bit.. you may find replacing the whole rocker is better.. as that little hole on the outside .. is much more rusted on the inside than you'd expect.. here a pic of how I had to trim the corner to rocker...
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk