2 door guys with catbacks........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
shorten a 4 door version?

Not worth it. The first piece, the one that bolts to the ypipe flange, must be shortened and it has bends in it to clear the crossmember. Then the muffler is too long I think. I'll just return the Magnaflow one tomorrow and then install the Gibson one I ordered. Hopefully I should be back up and running by Tuesday night. I wish I could button up the ypipe to the manifolds to get that part of the exhaust done but I need to have it all bolted togehter and connected to the hangers before I start tightening everything. it sucks having to do it all on my back too.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gibson cat back is on!!! I also installed the Magnaflow dual cat Ypipe at the same time as well as a K&N CAI kit and it woke the truck up dramatically!!!! This truck was a dog prior to these mods and I was seriously considering a gear change or verifying that the previous owner didn't install 2.73s or some . I am tickled pink right now at how much more power this truck has. Granted I really don't care for the sound of it but that's most likely because I am coming from a 94 2 door that had no cats on it at all and a Magnaflow muffler. That truck had a nice rumble to it while this one is a little more subtle. You can hear it when I get on it but at idle its just a hair louder then stock.

FWIW, the stock muffler has almost 2 gallons of water in it!!! I don't understand why it didn't leak out the weep hole that is in the bottom of it. Either way, I am happy as right now at the performance increase my truck received from the CAI and exhaust upgrade.