2" Coil SPacer install, HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
so i have everything tore down, the spring out, ziptie'd on the spacer, but i cant for the life of me get the spring back in, and he compressors i have don work cause they either hit the frame or the control arm!!!

HELP!

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Maybe try to rent a different kind of compressor. Also autozone sells they look like little spring compressors and you use them to lower a truck (not the right way) you just tighten the coil together that would give you more room. Also make sure you push your lower control arm as far down as you can and use a pry bar to get the coil in but that will require an extra hand. So call a buddy over to help you.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
What we did was pull the LCA all the way down and placed the spring into both spring pockets and took a floor jack and slowly started pushing the LCA up and then bolted everything together. I don't remember if we used the spring compressor or not. Most likely we did.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Sound dangerous. I would bolt the lower balljoints up if you take the lower completely off.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I used the autoZone compressor that goes up through the middle of the spring. Un did the lower bj and sway bar link compressed the lower spring till it was litterally half the original size slid everything back in and prayed didn't let go.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
That's the way I'm doing it too, but I can't get it to compress enough to even come close to being in the pocket!

Sent from my Igloo

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I used the autoZone compressor that goes up through the middle of the spring. Un did the lower bj and sway bar link compressed the lower spring till it was litterally half the original size slid everything back in and prayed didn't let go.

my dad fractured his thumb using that el cheapo POS.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We installed some lift springs and had to remove the LCA and put the spring in the pockets and jack up with a good floor jack.

Sketchy, um yes. But worked fricken awesome!!! But four hands are better than two when doing this.