2/4 question, but please look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blt791

Reaction score
Hey guys, newbie here to the forum. I just scored two OBS C1500's at an auction and both have utility beds on them at the moment. The 88 vin code shows that it is possibly a Cheyenne model with lwb, and the 93 shows that it is a w/t swb model. My plan is to hit up my local pick and pull for the proper beds to put on the trucks and then lower them both 2/4. I've spent many hours reading the debates of going 2/4 vs going lower but this is what I want. Now my question is since both of these models are showing v6 engines, where do I find the proper lowering kits/parts? Everything I look up says that it is only for the v8 models. Does this really make a difference or would I be ok getting the parts specified for a v8?

Blt791

Reaction score
Ok, so with 50+ views and no answers this is either a really hard question or a really stupid question.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
There's no dif in the lowering parts between a 6 or an 8.
Check to see which rotors are on the '88. They came in 2 sizes that year & require different spindles.
If you have the small rotors, you can get the right spindles for them or you can upgrade to the larger rotors & use the proper spindles for those. It's a direct swap with stock parts. Seems to me that there's a dif in the bearing sizes.
IIRC, the early spindles (either size) have no mounting allowances for the ABS sensors which are required for the later models. You can use the later ones on trucks that don't have ABS, but not the other way around.

Blt791

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the info, I was kind of getting worried. I finally got both of them home and successfully have them running. Here are a couple of pics as they stand now. Lots of work ahead lol.
You must be registered for see images attach

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From what Ive seen so far the kits are all the same. My avatar is in a 2/4 drop on 20s 275/55/20s in the front and 305/50/20 in the rear.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what Ive seen so far the kits are all the same. My avatar is in a 2/4 drop on 20s 275/55/20s in the front and 305/50/20 in the rear.

That is phukin sick:headbang:

Have any rubbing, what the wheels backspace. . Sorry for the ?'s but I want something like this for my truck:hmm:

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its cool. The front rub on some bumps but its not bad I will be rolling the fenders soon. 0 offset. I didnt want the wheels sticking out or sitting in to far.

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ill have to take some more tomorrow. Thats the only one i have on here.