1999 Taho dash / 98 GMC dash Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taco ed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok guys this is confusing and frustrating the 1999 Chevy tahoe dash / instrument panel/ cluster looks just like the 1998 GMC 2500 dash/instrument panel...... BUT--- The 99 / 00 GMC dash looks different-- than the 98 trucks instrument cluster (more of a crescent shape) I have found a dash bezel/instrument panel that looks like it would fit my 98 GMC OBS BUT its for a 99 Tahoe?? what gives? WTF! How many styles and parts did chevy and GMC cross over in that weird 3 yr period?? For F... sake it seems that they have 3 -5 dift set ups for the 99-2000 trucks..and SUV's.... the truck dash changed BUT the SUV were still the same ??.. what gives.

This is what I want to put in my 1998 OBS GMC
Luminescent Gauge Gear; Gauge Covers - -- Part Number: S/S950-39001---- it is made by Street Scene it states that is isn't carried for the 98 OBS GMC trucks BUT-- they show it for the 99 Tahoe's..... F...K help me before my head explodes!!!!-- :hmm: can you google search or if anyone knows FOR sure please help and advise me.. THE part looks correct.. but I just dont know ..

Last edited:

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
The dashes changed in 99 if i remeber correctly...but if the tahoe is the 99 classic then it will work. If it is the nbs 99 tahoe then it will have different dash.

edit: but i do not know that much about it... theres plenty on here that will hopefully they will chime in answer what ur asking.

taco ed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks- I have seen 2 dif dashes/inst clusters for the darn things.. The part I found on the net at 4 wheel parts seems to match it - i.e very square.... not the crescent shape of the other 99/ 2000 model so I think its the one I need but with these trucks having so many years that intermix its hard to tell... I have looked at several 99 Tahoe dash pictures and they look like my 98 Sierra's dash --Can anyone with a 99 Tahoe or real world hands on knowledge chime in ?

Last edited:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have an OBS period. We have had a 96 K3500, a 99 Tahoe, a 2000 Denali and our 2000 K3500. The ALL have the exact same gauge cluster because they ALL were the Old Body Style. The New Body Style is for 99 and up 1500s and 2001 and up 2500s, 3500s, Tahoes, Yukons and Suburbans. We have our original gauge cluster in our 2000 K3500 and right across the back of the printed circuit board it says "1997 C/K Truck".

taco ed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Skylark.. So an instrument cluster for a 99 Tahoe or sub will fit the OBS 98 truck.. Awesome.. Once again THANKS I hate to seem like some dumb A$$ boot here but these trucks confuse me w/ all the variations in the 99-00 yr models.. who even in GM that did that S*%t needs to be punched in the nuts..! Looks like I will be buying that Street Scene illum guage bezel !!
Semper Fi..
Taco Ed out...!

Last edited:

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
There's only 2 different dashes.
1 has a passenger airbag the other does not.

Instrument clusters:
1998-2000 GMC Yukon Denali and 1999-2000 Cadillac Escalade: 120 MPH and "cool white" backlighting (direct swap)

(Uncertain about years) Police/Military: 130 MPH (requires modification to install)

-Truckin'-