1999 Chevy sivlerado round body T-case major movement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
after some digging found someone speaking of the transfer case output shaft hold the bearing in place. The case gets wear inside a makes that play. I'm going to see how much play with the shaft out, I have to do the u-joints anyway. I'll see if the T-case is moving but I think it was the crappy cameraman. I get a better one with the shaft out.

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
pulling the drive shaft today and I'll make a better vid.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
thats why i said inspect the yoke, you can see what wear is present from that, and if the yokes bad youll need to replace that and have your driveshaft rebalanced.

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey pulled the drive shaft and the output shaft on the T-case. Seems like its the bearings can move it with one finger. I saw on CL someone had a transfer case for as low as $40 bucks from a Caddy thats like 98 to 2001 should fit right? said its a 246...but mines says 261 on the top. any big diff on these, I dont really go off road and if I was to it would be like trail riding not mudding. lol if that makes sense thx again and ill post the vid today, its been storming all afternoon.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
is yours the old body style 99? if so then yes a caddy one should work if its push button and all that, if its a new body style 99 then no it wont. should be a 241 btw

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NEW PROBLEM Case say 261 and the u joints don't match up they are a hair off, for the clips. I'm soooo pissed I work at advanced auto and I have ran down every u-joint in my store number by number and I call Moog and they gave me the same numbers first I did 290 moog and 270 moog I now have a 534G and thats the closest one and moog gave me that number. Is is crazy. the front and back are the same u joint. Oh and yes the truck I have is the round body and the caddy T-case looks to be the same style thats under my truck, I think someone has changed some things around.

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the Ujoints in now all is well, now I'm on to the Transfer Case---I got a Dorman tail housing and a few bearings for it, I'm goina hope that thats all the T-case will need, to stop the play inside, but the yoke is rubbed out pretty bad you can feel it when you ran your hand down it, sounds sexy huh..lol but should I replace it or just fix whats broken and if needed have the shaft balanced to make up for this?

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey if you can still help pulled the Case and found that the Output shaft bearing is not the same that I sell at my store, its a 208 bearing and found that the 208-L is the one with a retainer clip Do I need this Clip? or can I just use the 208 with no clip?