1999 CCLB 6.5 Diesel Toy Hauler/ Play Toy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

56pickup

Reaction score
Well guys a week ago i got the truck on the road and it has been running great until today. The oil pressure has been great until today when i pulled into my driveway i noticed it dropped down to 0 at idle. when i increased the rpm a little it went back up to normal until i let out of the throttle it dropped back down to 0. The truck has not lost any power and there is no nocking. Would this be the sensor going bad or am i having another serious problem?

On another note I have a 12v p pump cummins that i could keep or this weekend am trading it to a guy for an lb7 motor to put in here. I know that the duramax swap is difficult to do but i like the fabrication part of the project!

56pickup

Reaction score
Hum, sounds like the oil pump might be going bad.....

Also, you know the duramax was actually designed in the frame of a GMT400 truck. Would be a good swap.

Thats what i was thinking. Maybe it is still the original motor? guage says 280K lol

yeah I really do not think it is going to be as bad as everyone thinks it is. Just the cost of some of the stuff like the trans and injectors that i am going to need to buy but it shouldnt be too bad

Plus i am going to do all of the body work while its down then