1998 K2500 Suburban Red Rocket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smitt

Reaction score
I'm Kevin, this is my 1998 K2500 Suburban, 230,000 miles. 5.7, 4l80e, 14bsf (Have a full floater at a friends, needs rebuilt before install) No lift or tires yet, my other car got hit so I'm waiting until this isn't my daily anymore.

Story of this truck: I have always wanted a Gmt400 body style truck, found this one for $1400 with a blown autocrap np246 T case. I rebuilt and swapped in a np241 and it's been good since october. It was owned by the local fire department for most of its life, pretty sure it's only been off road after I got a hold of it.

Plans are lift and tires, 14bff, duel exhaust, then cut the back off to make it a "Blazer." Any tips with that one would be appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

smitt

Reaction score
hahahaha yeah man, I thought I'd give this site a shot for some ideas but... they're not too interested in my bus it seems

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
hahahaha yeah man, I thought I'd give this site a shot for some ideas but... they're not too interested in my bus it seems
It's likely nobody has seen the post. Gibe it a bit and the hello's will come haha

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Welcome

How high you plan on lifting it? Also good luck on turning it into a blazer with a wheelbase as big as you've got... what's the plan for that?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Welcome Aboard! Good luck with your plans. Fire departments seem to be good with maintenance on their trucks so you probably got a good deal.

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome smitty!! I think I've seen that truck before lol