1998 K2500 5.7 misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never had an issue with ACDelco spark plugs, especially if it's a stock GM application. The module has to be tested on a machine which most parts houses have. If the wires are allowing arcing then I would carry them back for a replacement. I have used the BWD wires that Oreilly's Carroll's for two years now with no issues, so you may consider them. Which specific ACDelco plugs are you using? Which part number?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've done a lot of research on this forum and many guys are having the same issue and what I have found is it's the AC-Delco spark plugs. Everyone is moving to either Autolite or NGK. I have the AC-Delco in mine and I'm pulling them and I wish I had my receipt from O'reilly for these. By the way anyone know what these need to be gapped at?

Vortec are gapped at .060. I've had no problems with my ngk tr5 an performance distributors 10mm wires....

agent319

Reaction score
Well I was wrong I apparently put Bosch platinum spark plugs in the last summer. I usually keep the old ones and the ones before these were champions. Anyway last night I used a water mister bottle to spray down my ignition system from the spark plug to the distributor to the coil. I have these brand new Omni Spark plug wires and they are arching like crazy. If the wires were touching anything that it could arch to it's arching. Also I have a new Distributor cap from O'reilly and that was just oozing electrical light on top of it. The water was being lit up.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I was wrong I apparently put Bosch platinum spark plugs in the last summer. I usually keep the old ones and the ones before these were champions. Anyway last night I used a water mister bottle to spray down my ignition system from the spark plug to the distributor to the coil. I have these brand new Omni Spark plug wires and they are arching like crazy. If the wires were touching anything that it could arch to it's arching. Also I have a new Distributor cap from O'reilly and that was just oozing electrical light on top of it. The water was being lit up.

What brand of cap did you buy? OReilly's sells everything from their el cheapo MasterPro brand to ACDelco. You already bought the cheapest wire set they carry, so I'm going to guess that you also bought the cheapest cap? If so, you need to realize that you get what you pay for. Put quality parts on the truck and it will run fine. If you put ACDelco everything on it, I can almost guarantee that it will run like its supposed to.