1998 box repair - Is it repairable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
98 box has seen better days. Can I get something to weld in here or am I better off getting a new box? Been looking for a pewter short bed box but coming up empty. Found a green box for $250 but after painting it I'll be better off painting the whole truck which is not in the budget right now.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I don't think it would be worth your time, that box looks shot, I am guessing the rest of the box is pretty bad? I wouldn't doubt it, seeing that you're from Michigan.

If that green box is pretty nice, I'd jump on it for that price. You could just run it with the green box while you're saving up for a repaint.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I don't think it would be worth your time, that box looks shot, I am guessing the rest of the box is pretty bad? I wouldn't doubt it, seeing that you're from Michigan.

If that green box is pretty nice, I'd jump on it for that price. You could just run it with the green box while you're saving up for a repaint.
Rest of the box isnt terrible by any means but something happened back here and the previous owners just let it go.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score

Rest of the box isn't terrible by any means. Little bubbling above wheels but something happened back here and the previous owners just let it go.