1998 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Now how do you feel about those guys that showed you those totally bunk compression numbers? Either they're using a defective gauge, defective method, or they were trying to screw you. Also the very basic checks of spark and fuel pressure shoulda been done before checking anything more involved.

Richard

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel. They work with my dad and fix are vehicles almost all the time. I'm thinking just a defective gauge on the compression is all that had happened. Even I checked the fuel and the spark and it all looked good to me coming out of a spark plug. But when you put a high end spark plug tester to it there was hardly a spark at the plugs so we moved up to the coil and tested it and seen the difference with the spark going in and then coming out. He wasn't sure that what it was but they had one at the shop and tried it and now it runs.

I do appreciate the other guy looking at it tho he spent his days off of work to try and find out what was wrong with it and sh** happens.