1997 L31 Vortec 5.7, 187K Miles Almost Complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

revmatcher

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Motor started and ran fine when removed. I replaced it with an LT1 (See my other threads for more details on that journey). I'd be willing to part it out if you need anything specific, but I'd rather sell it complete. It's located in Buffalo, NY. PM for more pics.
I used the motor mounts and the fan was broken during removal. I'm keeping the Cruise Control Module.
I have:
- Motor
- ECM
- Most of the wiring harness.
- All accessories including A/C compressor, Alternator, fan clutch, etc.
- Fan shrouds upper and lower
- OEM Radiator
- Intake and filter housing

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Simers

Reaction score
What condition is the engine, mileage, journal noise, lifters etc, I maybe interested in purchasing the engine from you, thanks Ron

revmatcher

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ron,
The truck had 187K when I pulled the motor. I haven't opened up the motor, so condition inside is unknown. It ran fine and sounded fine when diving, no horrible noises or anything. Based on the documentation and sharpie writings and condition of the truck in general it appears to have been well cared for. It definitely had leaks both front and rear main seals, not pouring out but small drips. The radiator was pretty clean inside, see the pics in my other for sale thread. I stole a couple brackets off it for the new motor. I couldn't get the exhaust bolts loose so I cut off the y-pipe, leaving the manifolds intact. I couldn't get the heater hose fitting out of the intake manifold so it's cut off and still there. I used the motor mounts so those aren't available. If you want close-ups of anything let me know. Feel free to take this discussion into DMs if you like. If you want to do email so we can send messages direct hit me up in DM and I can share my email address.
Thanks for the inquiry!
Tom