1997 gmc k2500 burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will get audio video. Feels a bit better with this set of mufflers. Torque converter lockup all of a sudden started coming in by 45mph instead of usual 55mph, which is likely due to less throttle.
But I did heavily under estimated initial noise reading. Very heavy bass sound until about 2k rpm. Resonators and running pipe all the way to the back needed.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Returning to tuning trouble. Still need to find a tuner that can help with the temperature dependant parts as the same fuel trim cell will have a difference in correction almost 20% throughout standard operating range. But for now it is finally performing a bit closer to expected.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some more changes and debating if leave lock up as is or raise the limits. It gets to 4th gear and locks torque converter by 37mph on normal not in a hurry driving. Keeps on pulling without issues at the 1k rpm locked up, but will likely raise it a bit. Some wot runs so far not optimal fueling but it is getting in to low 6 sec 0-60 times. 1st gear tops out at 75mph...

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a hold of a used hd fan clutch. Slightly moved the thermal spring to see if can get it to start turning on earlier. The one I had looks to be in good shape but is a smaller standard duty clutch. Cleaned and rtv in place after taking a picture on the spring. Originally it wraps more with a tight 90* in to the slot.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Late model "severe duty" clutches are smaller in diameter than my OEM "heavy duty" unit.