1997 Chevy Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey yall I'm about to paint my 97 c1500 and I need color/paint ideas for it. Right now it is 2 tone red and silver, I put 2012 or 2013(can't remember) 19 inch Camaro rims on it and I want something to make the rims pop. In the picture it looks fine but in person you can see where the last paint job wasn't the best. There is orange peal in a few spots and there is some spots where it got too much paint. I molded the hoodscoops myself and they turned out good for about 3 to 4 months and they started cracking and the hood looks terrible because of it now. I am getting a cowl hood before I paint it and a roll pan. Just need help with color ideas.

Attachments

• 20230521_143320.jpg
    20230521_143320.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 16

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Personally, I really like that two tone, the black stripe makes for a tidy transition. I would only suggest painting the wing mirrors silver to tie them in with the rest of the truck.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay thank you. I like the red and silver as well I was thinking about keeping it that way when I take it to get painted and just getting it touched up but I wanted other people's opinion before I spend the money. I've also had a few people around my area telling me it would look good black but if I went with the black route I wanted to add something to it.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay thank you. I like the red and silver as well I was thinking about keeping it that way when I take it to get painted and just getting it touched up but I wanted other people's opinion before I spend the money. I've also had a few people around my area telling me it would look good black but if I went with the black route I wanted to add something to it.
Yes, black is a difficult one as it hides the bulk of the detail so you have to introduce a contrast without it being overwhelming. As you can see from my avatar, mine is dark charcoal and when I had it repainted I stuck with that as I didn't want to open the hood and see a different colour. The best I could come up with was some aluminium checker plate on the steps and a silver pinstripe along the body line from front to back. I think your mags look good against the red and tie in to the silver top without adding a 3rd colour to the mix. It's a good balance.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice ride!

Choosing between black or red, I'm partial to red. My DD (a Chevy but not a GMT400) is Victory Red. I'd consider sticking with what you have, or possibly painting it all red.

As for black, I owned a Brilliant Black Metallic Dodge Charger a few years back, and when it was clean and shiny, nothing looked better, imho. It was gorgeous.

However, it didn't take all that long before it didn't look quite so good. When it got dirty, it showed the dirt like no other color I've seen. I found black on a car to be high maintenance.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay thanks it used to be all red but decided to change it up a bit so that is what it is now. I like it the way it is but it needs quite a bit of body work here and there. I might keep it red and silver I was also trying to picture it multiple different colors like Black, Blue, Black and Silver. and even Blue and Silver. I'm still debating on what I should do tho.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

What Does 2Fl Mean on Chevy Silverado

The Chevy Silverado is a full-size pickup truck that has been in production since 1998. The Silverado is available in a variety of trim levels and bed sizes, so there’s a model to suit any need. One feature that sets the Silverado apart from other trucks is its 2FL designation.
GTFOH spammer.. reported

Richard