1995 OBD 1 5.7l O2 Crosscounts = 0? SnapOn MT2500 Red Brick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bodageta1995

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question: Is a Cross count reading for my O2 sensor of Zero Normal? 1995 5.7l K1500 Ext Cab Auto.

I'm hunting down a hard to diagnose lope/stall about 20 seconds after starting on a warm/hot day that goes away. I'm usng a Snap On MT2500 red brick data logger. I can't figure out how to record a movie and I'm trying to do that because it happens so quick there isn't a lot of time to read the thing.

I have noticed though that although my O2 sensor is cycling properly atleast when it's running ok after the loping clears up. I did notice though that my O2 crosscount shows zero. The factory service manual says the O2 crosscount should vary but mine stays at zero.

I'm wondering if zero is normal for these OBD1 vehicles for crosscount? I put in a bosch O2 sensor about a year ago when working on another issue and I think that may have been when this loping/stalling thing started but not sure.

Basically, I'm trying to determine if my O2 sensor is lazy/slow and that might be my issue. It seems to happen either in open loop or during the transition from open to closed loop.

Does anyone know if they have zero O2 crosscounts at idle. My snapon defines it as transiton of the sensor voltage below and abot the 0.450 threshold per second. Mine is **** it but its taking longer than a second so result equals zero.

I've heard some folks have trouble with the bosch injectors so I've ordered an AC Delco that will be here next week. I know AC Delco is made in China and Mexico and other places so I don't trust AC Delco as I did in the old days and thats why I bought the Bosch a year or so ago. This stall/lope is embarrasing/annoying but clears up and there are zero issues in the remainder of the drive so I've lived with it but want it fixed. Valet parking guys get it when I have to use them and my truck stalls on them. If I take it in for an aligment, it stalls on them. Just embarrasing.

Thanks All

Vjcamp

Reaction score
Crosscounts should not be zero
O2 sensor should transition from about .2v to .8v back and forth on a regular basis. When graphed should almost look like a jagged sine wave. Yes cross count is each time it goes past .450v
If it is doing this yet not reading Crosscounts perhaps problem with data from PCM or Scanner.
Heated O2 sensors were designed to maintain temp so they would continue to work well even at idle.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^Like he said, keep in mind this is during closed loop operation, open loop doesn't look at the O2 feedback. Look at you INT and BLM (short term and long term) AFR.