1995 K1500 sat for 13 years and counting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the great input all. I will have some pictures put up this afternoon here. The hardest part would be getting the title for it. There's many routes I have to go here. I could do a full interior swap if it's good enough. Or paint the grille and put in billet inserts to match my DD. I knew it was either 95 or 96 so thanks for clearing that up haha. Does anyone think it would be worth it to invest in it and flip it? I love tinkering so I'd be willing to put in hours this summer.

Champ

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you attempt to start it, dump some oil down each cylinder and let it sit for a little while. Then turn it over using the starter until no more excess oil comes out of each cylinder.

Last edited:

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Hope those pictures load for everyone^ well as it turns out unfortunately the whole throttle body assembly (I think) is gone. I have no clue where or how that even happened. How hard and much would it be to get another one?

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
How hard and much would it be to get another one?

Funny how those things are intertwined. You can go to a junkyard and pull one for cheap, you can have a yard get you one for a little more, you can push buttons on your computer and have it delivered for a little more!

The more I think about it, I'm not sure how much I'd be into a truck with that history. If he had to give up his truck, he may have left some surprises.

What did the mileage end up being?

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
I would tackle it, as long as the price was low enough (or free). I would just make it into a fun project.

My truck sat for a couple years...I had to replace the front pads and rotors, and rubber brake lines.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well because of my terrible luck, the picture only included the last 5 numbers on the odometer :/ but I'm going to say 198K, instead of 98K. I'm pretty sure now actually it's 198K. More than a suspected too. I'll browse around but I think I'll just rob some parts. Possible interior swap? That tan leather looks better and better vs my 93 cloth :)

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
UPDATE: the truck has confirmed 198K. Also, it has a CB Radio. Would that be hard to wire up?