1994 smoking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well we have a 1994 5.7 and when we first got it it ran great, got it licensed drove it a bit and not it smokes more that my cousnins cummins. but it is white smoke, its really bad it has the normal start up smoke but it comes out of that then if it idles for a min or 2 it stats smoking like a freight train. its not valve guide seals because we talked to the guy that we bought it off of and he put new ones in it like 6 weeks befire we bought it. the only thing is he say he never drove it enough to notice it. i think it needs re-ringed but not sure i was hoping you guys could help me. sorry for the novel

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
what color smoke

well we have a 1994 5.7 and when we first got it it ran great, got it licensed drove it a bit and not it smokes more that my cousnins cummins. but it is white smoke, its really bad it has the normal start up smoke but it comes out of that then if it idles for a min or 2 it stats smoking like a freight train. its not valve guide seals because we talked to the guy that we bought it off of and he put new ones in it like 6 weeks befire we bought it. the only thing is he say he never drove it enough to notice it. i think it needs re-ringed but not sure i was hoping you guys could help me. sorry for the novel

Kawikid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Blown head gasket check your oil see if its milky and check if your coolant is low. If you have the milky oil then it will mostly likely be a blown head gasket. What does the smoke smell like?

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking head gasket too. If it was rings wouldn't the smoke be more of a blueish color since it would be an oil/gas mix burning?

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
white smoke the oil isnt milky but we also changed it a week ar so after we bought the truck. im not sure about the low coolent ill look tomorrow after school its to dark right now,and the smoke is hard to describe it kinda smells like the truck is running lean