1994 sierra sle scsb 5.7 39k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the words of 'Mr. Chevrolet', Reggie Jackson..."Never judge a vehicle by the mileage on the odometer!"
There are vehicles out there with 200,000+ miles that are better maintained & in better shape than some with 20,000 miles.
It all depends on the owner's driving style & the maintenance schedule that was carried out during the vehicle's past history.

My 104k dead 6.5 agrees with that...

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Couple things that strike me as odd on this truck

-Rear bumper is aftermarket?
-Full load interior but no tach? (Cluster swap?)
-something about the door emblems seems odd to me

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
Couple things that strike me as odd on this truck

-Rear bumper is aftermarket?
-Full load interior but no tach? (Cluster swap?)
-something about the door emblems seems odd to me

I see no issues with any items listed. Looks like oem bumper. Emblems look like the ones i remember from my trucks back then. Not all cluster gauges had tachs.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It is indeed an aftermarket copy of the OEM bumper. The step pad split in the middle and the black lower step confirm it. It's a common replacement item; no telling on when and why it was installed.

I don't see any issue with the door emblems. Nice non-fade GMC logo like it's been garage-kept all these years, or maybe new replacements.

Non-tach cluster is ridiculously common even as late as 1994. I've owned many that came that way, including the maroon '94 GMC C1500, the blue '94 GMC Suburban I mentioned earlier, and a few others. No idea why one would come one way or another. Both of those trucks were fully loaded, too.

Richard

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
It is indeed an aftermarket copy of the OEM bumper. The step pad split in the middle and the black lower step confirm it. It's a common replacement item; no telling on when and why it was installed.

I don't see any issue with the door emblems. Nice non-fade GMC logo like it's been garage-kept all these years, or maybe new replacements.

Non-tach cluster is ridiculously common even as late as 1994. I've owned many that came that way, including the maroon '94 GMC C1500, the blue '94 GMC Suburban I mentioned earlier, and a few others. No idea why one would come one way or another. Both of those trucks were fully loaded, too.

Richard
Just struck me as odd the non tach cluster. But being last year of that dash. Maybe they put non tachs in to get rid of them. Who know

For some reason I though the door emblems just looked odd. But maybe I used to seeing old crusty weathered ones lol

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hush your mouth :gr_grin:

If I got it I'd enjoy driving it for a week or two then be looking to do an LQ9 swap, pretty sure...

Richard

You really need a reasonably clean 88-94 with a nice LS swap. You tried with your little red wagon but that one was pretty hacked.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You really need a reasonably clean 88-94 with a nice LS swap. You tried with your little red wagon but that one was pretty hacked.

I've gotten too used to all the other gizmos. Heated power seats w/memory, tilt-down side mirrors, auto-down windows, rear window defog, then there's the whole extended cab doors thing, dual zone A/C, easy double DIN (already have a Pioneer touchscreen in it), blah blah blah...

Oh, and a big number speedo without having to comb the earth for an SS cluster. The truck came with one. :gr_grin:

Richard