1994 K1500 Surburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDM5105

Reaction score
Having issue with not being able to bleed brakes. Just not enough fluid coming out. I Just changed the Master Cylinder due to leaking and I did Bench Bleed it before installing. Brakes seems spongy and almost to floor before I did that as well. I had tried before to bleed them and didn't have much luck then either. I'm wondering if the ABS crap could be causing the issue. I look at a post on here where it was describing how to delete it. I would like to do that but the setup on my truck is a little different than the one on the . The actual "Black Box" is much larger and and sits on the firewall instead of mounted to master cylinder.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
To delete the ABS on my 93 I just ran the line coming out of the ABS straight into the master.

Also, how are you bleeding? The best way is with 2 people to get the most pressure/flow, sometimes the vacuum bleeders can take a while to draw fluid through.

JDM5105

Reaction score
To delete the ABS on my 93 I just ran the line coming out of the ABS straight into the master.

Also, how are you bleeding? The best way is with 2 people to get the most pressure/flow, sometimes the vacuum bleeders can take a while to draw fluid through.
Bleeding with my daughter pressing the brake pedal for me. Although, I have read and prolly been screwing up and having her pump the pedal, hold, open/close, release.

JDM5105

Reaction score
Bleeding with my daughter pressing the brake pedal for me. Although, I have read and prolly been screwing up and having her pump the pedal, hold, open/close, release.
Im going to bypass the ABS and go str8 to to master to get rid of a non necessary could be my problem especially since this truck never sees a highway. mostly for deer lease use and around the farm.