1994 C1500. fuel or exhaust problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 94 C15 with a 350 and a 4l60e. Every time I shut it off and get out, theres a real strong smell of gas. My gas mileage has been pretty bad lately. So im guessing its a o2 or EGR sensor or something. But I dont know anything about TBI stuff. And my exhaust rusted off a foot after the cat. So please help so i can afford gas again. lol

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
On the driver side valve cover, there is a hose. Make sure it is connected.

Sent from my infected Android using tapatalk.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
Try this. On the passenger side of your air intake, there is a maf sensor. While your truck is running, disconnect that. If it is working right, your truck will idol up. If it doesnt do anything different, that may be bad. Do you have a check engine light?

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score
Is the gas smell coming from under the hood? If it is, it might be a bad FPR.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SOunds like you have neglected your truck for a long time, have you even done all the normal tune up stuff?
Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, check timing, fuel filter, air filter, PCV valve, o2 sensor, check all vac lines for cracks or broken?

any codes?

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not smoking black at all, that i can see. The smell of gas is coming from my exhaust. No check engine light. And i havent neglected my truck. Ive only had her for a few months and the exhaust was rusted off when i bought it. It was an exhaust clamp that was put on in 2000. The exhaust has a lifetime warranty on it from where it rusted off, back. I work everyday. I havent had a chance to bring it to the shop that did the work. But i did do plugs, air filter, and fuel filter not that long ago. Ill check the maf sensor in the morning. Thanks guys.