1994 4L60E Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle Thornton

Reaction score
Hello, just pick up my 1994 Silverado from the dealer and now reverse is going and when you give it gas in reverse shakes the whole truck. They did a trans flush, filter, and both shift solenoids. Also, replace rear pinion yoke, engine oil cooler lines. Any help would be appreciated.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bring it straight back to them.... how many miles since the last fluid and filter was done.... did they do a complete flush(bad) or just drop the pan and change filter and refill.... have you checked the fluid level yourself yet?

sent from what use to be a great country...

Kyle Thornton

Reaction score
I just bought the truck so I have no idea. They did a full flush hooked up the machine and flushed it then dropped the pan replaced the filter and both shift solenoids (1-2 and 3-4). Picked it up drove home fine and when I went to back into my driveway wouldn't go so I gave a little gas and shook the whole cab and barely went backwards in reverse. Yes I did check fluid level.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck probably has never had it done till you had it done... I've never liked full flushes on anything that old.....and mileage... toooo many stories like yours... I've always just done a pan drop and filter.. then refill till full.. no flushes ever for me.

sent from what use to be a great country...

wheelman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello, just pick up my 1994 Silverado from the dealer and now reverse is going and when you give it gas in reverse shakes the whole truck. They did a trans flush, filter, and both shift solenoids. Also, replace rear pinion yoke, engine oil cooler lines. Any help would be appreciated.

wheelman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

these transmissions were defective from the mfg-they would never do a recall--the trans has parts the strip or crack--like the sun shield.there are upgraded replacement parts out there.have a trans man pull it out and tear in to it..and replace the parts broken..i had a trans man at a chevy dealer do mind.800.00 plus dollars.

retorq

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's more than likely low pressure or low fluid issue. I had the same thing in my 95, line pressure in gear was way down. Once I corrected that it shifted fine, reverse no longer chatters.

Mark Lutz

Reaction score
I agree with Kyle I'm in the same boat. Rebuilding my 4l60e now. Change the Sun shell to a harded shell when you rebuild it. YouTube can guide you thru it. Change pump and torque converter tho. Hard to get shaving out of it and pump has a lot of miles on it.