1993 1500 4wd to 2wd.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1LEG

Reaction score
No My first rodeo with build a drag car, just my first with a truck

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Being a 4wd frame. I would recommend bracing the front because you are missing a huge portion in the frame

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im also curious to see how you will get the coilovers to work due to the shock mounting with the 4wd shafts.

1LEG

Reaction score
Im also curious to see how you will get the coilovers to work due to the shock mounting with the 4wd shafts.

Shafts are being removed. I will likely need to cut the bump stops off and make new ones. But i'm waiting until the shocks get here be for i do any cutting. I will also need to run limit straps.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only thing I see you running into problems is that I'm pretty sure on the 4wds the shocks are to the side of the control arm and that will put a lot of stress on them

1LEG

Reaction score
The only thing I see you running into problems is that I'm pretty sure on the 4wds the shocks are to the side of the control arm and that will put a lot of stress on them

The mounts look strong enough to me, But good point. We will all know more next week when the shocks show up.

Guys i know this isn't the best way to go but it was this or to the wrecking yard.

You must be registered for see images attach

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Ever consider getting a 2wd frame and swapping the body over?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not knocking your project at all. A 4wd is totally different than a 2wd. There is a reason why coilovers usually aren't used on 4wd without shock relocation to hoops.

1LEG

Reaction score
Ever consider getting a 2wd frame and swapping the body over?

Yep looked for one about a year ago, never found one local that didn't allready have a complete body on it. To be honest i don't have the room to have two trucks to do the swap.