1991 c2500 hazards not working…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
I just picked up this truck and the only thing it needs for a safety is to get the hazards working. I'm guessing there is a flasher for the hazards, but incase I'm over looking something is there anything else that could cause just the hazards not to work?

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Do they come on and stay lit with no flash? If not, I would suspect the switch itself.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
I honestly don't know yet, the truck was suppose to be looked at tomorrow so I dropped it off tonight, but they got it in before they closed and looked at it. They called just before they closed, but I can't get back to pick it up till tomorrow. I'll have to see what they are doing when I get it back…

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If the signals are working properly front and rear so you can rule out bulb problems/shorts, then suspect the flasher. Easy solutions first. Yep there's a separate one from the regular turn signal flasher. Turn signal flasher is in the convenience center under the dash; hazard flasher is hiding in the dash area itself near the column. Carefully remove the trim panel under the column and start hunting. It'll likely still be the old thermal style, silver can.

Richard

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
If the signals are working properly front and rear so you can rule out bulb problems/shorts, then suspect the flasher. Easy solutions first. Yep there's a separate one from the regular turn signal flasher. Turn signal flasher is in the convenience center under the dash; hazard flasher is hiding in the dash area itself near the column. Carefully remove the trim panel under the column and start hunting. It'll likely still be the old thermal style, silver can.

Richard
My thoughts too, but wouldn't they just come on and stay solid lit if the flasher is bad?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
OP didn't say exactly how they're not working, says he has to check it and get back to us. :)

Richard

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
So I picked up the truck and checked to see if they came one, and when I push the hazards nothing happens no lights at all… Gonna check the flasher first… But likely going to order a new switch tomorrow…

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Turned out to be the flasher, and now for the total of $914 ($900 for the truck, and $14 for the flasher) I have a nice new drivable project truck…