1989 K3500 SRW Brake Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
This is with the hydroboost lines re-connected.
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
I knew your username seemed familiar!? How are you liking your 8.1/4L80e swap?
I still love how well it tows. More power and mileage than the 454 ever had. I had to tow a Jeep Wrangler on my car trailer behind my 2005 Silverado 1500 5.3 while I was doing this swap and it reminded me of how much less power the L33 has than a 8100. It towed no problem but there was no passing and while on cruise at one point the truck down shifted to climb a hill and held 5500 RPM for what seemed like forever.

Reaction score
Were you able to retain the parking brake with this set up?
I am sorry for the delayed responce.
Yes I was able to keep a working parking brake. I had to get creative with a couple of parking brake pieces to get it to work. I used a short cable from a Dodge truck I think, it was like 10 inches long to get me closer to the 2001 truck cables. I had to weld some threaded rod into a double ended parking brake connector to make it adjustable. It attached to a piece that is similar to the original adjuster on the 1989 truck parking brake. It is off of a early 90's GM car parking brake.