1500 and 2500 have the same control arm bushings...really?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueridgerobbie

RiverMonster
Reaction score
I am just trying to get some feedback or give some info on this. I recently bought a control arm bushing kit from Energy Suspension for my wife's 97 K1500 Suburban. After procrastinating about putting them on for 2 months, I have decided to sell her 97 Burb and buy her a 2003 2500 Suburban. I need to replace the bushing on my 94 K2500 and after looking them up online to order, I discovered they are the same as the ones I already have. To make a long story short, a 2500 has the same control arm bushings as a 1500. Who woulda thunk it?:shrug:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
They share a lot more parts than that in the front end.....

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Means one of 2 things they either under built the 2500 or over built the 1500, im going with the 2nd just on my experience with my 88 1500 and the pure torture I put it through.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I just got my ES control arm bushing kit all done and ready to bolt on. What a PITA they are! I rented a ball joint press from auto zone and used the steel rings it comes with in the harbor freight press along with a large socket. I ended up buying cheap duracrap bushings from auto zone and pushed the rubber out so I had brand new cans to push in. Much cleaner and easier than pushing out the old rubber in your existing cans. Good luck with the install!