14 Bolt FF Hard Brake Line Supplier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good place to get new hard brake lines for a 14 bolt full float axle? Or would it be easier to make my own? One of the lines on my axle is pinched and I want to replace it before I put the axle in the truck. I've searched through Rock Auto but can't find anything there.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
They are pretty easy to fab up. Really easy bends. You can buy that coil armor stuff or do like I did and get the nylon coated stuff. Most of the GOOD auto parts stores should be able to get you ends if you bring the old ones in to match up, or you can get them new from the dealer.

rlast1

Reaction score
I have had very good luck with inlinetube.com they may not show what you want on website but if you call them they can make it.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I just did the same with mine, get the poly coated stuff with the ends already on and flared and bend them up yourself.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had very good luck with inlinetube.com they may not show what you want on website but if you call them they can make it.

I will shoot them an email for a quote on both hard lines on the rear axle

I just did the same with mine, get the poly coated stuff with the ends already on and flared and bend them up yourself.

Do you happen to remember the size of the hard line, fittings, and flare?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
No, I don't remember the sizes. If you bring your old one into a parts store you can match it up though. It helps to straighten it out as much as possible to get a close length too.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, I don't remember the sizes. If you bring your old one into a parts store you can match it up though. It helps to straighten it out as much as possible to get a close length too.

The axle is in the back of the truck so it would be easy to get them out and take them in. Good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was just looking at Rock Auto again. It looks like the threads on the wheel cylinders is 3/8-24? So a few lengths of stainless tubing with that size fittings and inverted flares should work right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like one needs to be roughly 24" and the other about 40". All fittings are 3/8-24 with inverted flares.

Before I go buy some premade hard line and bend it to fit, has anyone tried using stainless braided hose instead? Say I use 3/8-24 to -3 AN adapters for the wheel cylinders and T block, and run lengths of premade -3 stainless braided flex hose?