14 bolt FF disc brake kit vs. NBS 14 Bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SilveradoHD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i want to do a disc brake swap on my 14FF. however, would it be easier/cheaper to swap in a 14FF from a NBS HD with 4.10s and a G80? understanding of coarse that i need to swap the proportioning valve. any insight, or links to a good conversion kit would be greatly appreciated.
i have tried searching the forum for this topic, but have really only found good info on 10 bolts/14SF...

97SilveradoHD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright, i'll see if i can track down a rear end for cheaper than a conversion kit. also, anybody have a link to a good writeup on the 89-up 14FF disc brake swap?

97SilveradoHD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ah ok, brakes lines, a porp valve, misc hardwre etc. would also need to be acquired. anybody have a link to the caliper brackets? what rotor and caliper is used then?

97SilveradoHD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just sourced all my parts for the conversion.
Brackets from Ruff Stuff Specialties
Brake Lines from ORD (full length from junction block)
Proportioning Valve from Summit (for front & rear disc)
Longer wheel studs from Rock Auto (if needed)
EBC Greenstuff pads from Summit
86 K20 rotors and calipers from my buddy (probably will be used as cores)

am i missing anything?

*My drums are stake on, so i should be ok with the 73-87 brackets...fingers crossed

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
one thing, if your state requires an operational parking brake to pass tech, the K10 or K20 rotor will not work for you, you need to source calipers from a early 80's (84 should work) caddy eldorado or olds toronado.