12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lextech

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As far as I can tell it doesn't appear that the Shift Up Indicator is available on the LS1b PCM. There is a Skip Shift Indicator but not Shift Light.

Jeff

chaingun427

Reaction score
Been lurking for a long while getting info here and there, I tend to put more info over on Tahoeyukon forum since I have a 99 Hoe. I picked up a 411 for an old 4l60e that needed rebuilt and I can't wait to get to get the pinout and have it tuned for my rig.

I'm very excited at the possibilities this will open for my build as I was just going to go with a simple 383 vortec build but with this i'll be open to the entire LS line as well. Anybody know if a 6.6 duramax can run on a 411?

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
been reading this at length.

bought a wrecked 99 cad escalade that has a 5.7 L31 in it. swapping it (from B pillar forward literally) into a 88 stepside. only change will be the gearbox as I will be using a 4L80E 2wd.
the PCM swap will be one of the things I do as I intend to change capacity (383ci) and add two decent sized turbos to it.

few mixed messages I am seeing here.
one says buy the PCM (in my case it will be from a VY Holden Commodore) repin it and you are set.
second says that the original PCM must be kept and run along side the 'new' one.

which is correct?

secondly I like the idea of VATS. given the donor has it , I take it that I full relearn of that system is required as well as the retune for the engine side of things?

have more questions but these will do for now.

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
been reading this at length.

bought a wrecked 99 cad escalade that has a 5.7 L31 in it. swapping it (from B pillar forward literally) into a 88 stepside. only change will be the gearbox as I will be using a 4L80E 2wd.
the PCM swap will be one of the things I do as I intend to change capacity (383ci) and add two decent sized turbos to it.

few mixed messages I am seeing here.
one says buy the PCM (in my case it will be from a VY Holden Commodore) repin it and you are set.
second says that the original PCM must be kept and run along side the 'new' one.

which is correct?

secondly I like the idea of VATS. given the donor has it , I take it that I full relearn of that system is required as well as the retune for the engine side of things?

have more questions but these will do for now.

The 0411 can be ran by itself as long as it's turned to run the transmission that your using at that time, the reason Iv seen people run both is cause they think they need the black box to run the transmission which is false, Iv been running my 0411 for over a year now all by itself. It was turned by Lextech/ Jeff

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks for the clarification.

given the Van cal is the correct one for the cable throttle is there one that has the cable throttle AND the 4L80E one it?

trying to keep this somewhat simple.

Reaction score
Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff
I have a 97 silverado Im interested in the swap can you please send me the info