12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can still setup a light to come on with the van push button, just use a simple 12V LED or go more complicated like mine

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Joined up just now, just bought my 1997 ECSB K1500 5.7 5-speed about a week ago and heard about this swap from a friend.. Just bought a PCM from Jeff here, hoping for the best :) happy for all the info I'm seeing here, I'll probably be lurking for a while :hmm: .. Already converted from manual doors to full power, very happy with this truck :)

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Joined up just now, just bought my 1997 ECSB K1500 5.7 5-speed about a week ago and heard about this swap from a friend.. Just bought a PCM from Jeff here, hoping for the best :) happy for all the info I'm seeing here, I'll probably be lurking for a while :hmm: .. Already converted from manual doors to full power, very happy with this truck :)

Welcome to the forum

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like how you did this. I went a different route and used a push button out if an express van the only thing I wish I had was an indicator light
Welcome all you newbie's ----Hey Trav_69Stang* what's up, I haven't seen you around in a long time.

jlcms2007

Reaction score
I need help with an a/c bracket idea for hsr swap on my vortec truck and what my options are on fuel rails vs my distributor cap. I've almost came to the conclusion I'm going to have to swap to coil near plug conversion. HELP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blklgt

Reaction score
I need help with an a/c bracket idea for hsr swap on my vortec truck and what my options are on fuel rails vs my distributor cap. I've almost came to the conclusion I'm going to have to swap to coil near plug conversion. HELP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

? So are you planning a 411 pcm swap?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Got my swap done, thanks again to Jeff @Lextech for basically making it easy :D I have one question tho - Conn 4 Pin 15 (tan/wht) on the 97 PCM is the shift light in my 5-speed truck, the pinout sheet doesn't mention it at all - where is this supposed to go on the 0411? That's the only thing I haven't connected yet... But the PCM works great, engine's running better and seems to have more power - but that may also be because I did my E-Fans at the same time lol.

Lextech

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my swap done. I have one question tho - Conn 4 Pin 15 (tan/wht) on the 97 PCM is the shift light in my 5-speed truck, the pinout sheet doesn't mention it at all - where is this supposed to go on the 0411?
Hhmmm, You're right. I guess I need to add that. The swap is based on the Express Van which didn't come with a manual trans. That is why it isn't in the wiring file. I am out of town for the weekend and don't have any of my wiring info with me. I will look into it and post back on Monday.

Jeff