1 ton leaf springs on a 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97_z71

Reaction score
hey i have 1 ton leafs on a 14 bolt sf and i was wondering how i could lift the truck and keep the leafs? i was thinking probably block, but maybe a shakle flip? and of course theres a body lift but i was thinking more suspension. thanks for the help

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Most likely shackle flip. The shackle flip is like using a 4" block for height but the ride will be a lot better with out the block. But it is cheaper and easier to run a block so it really depends on how much time and effort you want to put into it

97_z71

Reaction score
thats what i figured, probably dc lift with a shakle flip and a 1.5 block?

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
QUOTE=Solid94;94727]Most likely shackle flip. The shackle flip is like using a 4" block for height but the ride will be a lot better with out the block. But it is cheaper and easier to run a block so it really depends on how much time and effort you want to put into it[/QUOTE]

^^:rockit:^^

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
thats what i figured, probably dc lift with a shakle flip and a 1.5 block?

The shackle flip requires a zero rate to center the axle again. The zero rate is gonna give you another inch of lift so your shackle flip will be like using a 5 inch block. If you want more than 5 inches I would go with a longer shackle as opposed to a block but that's just me.

97_z71

Reaction score
jj what kind of mpg you get with those 285's and 3.42. ive got the 3.42 in a 14bolt.

97_z71

Reaction score
The shackle flip requires a zero rate to center the axle again. The zero rate is gonna give you another inch of lift so your shackle flip will be like using a 5 inch block. If you want more than 5 inches I would go with a longer shackle as opposed to a block but that's just me.

as long as it looks level. the zero rate spring seems like the way to go. if there is a way to eliminate blocks, im all about it

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
jj what kind of mpg you get with those 285's and 3.42. ive got the 3.42 in a 14bolt.

Was getting 10-12 MPG when I had my tool box in the bed. First full tank with the bed cover in place of the tool box I got 15 MPG. To all that say they don't help.....Yeah, they do!