1 ton front caliper question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
No prob man. I wanted to go stainless but funds weren't there after ordering all the other parts but I did at least order some new rubber lines. I am doing pretty much the same as your are with the brake system over haul. I rebuilt both rear brakes with all new parts (wheel cylinders, hardware, drums, and shoes), new master cylinder, 1 ton calipers, new rubber lines, and in a couple weeks I am going to get some of the R1 concepts drilled and slotted rotors with some new ceramic pads. Eventually it will get hydroboost and stainless lines but not this time around :-/

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only thing I can tell you is when or before your ready to take the hoses off.........Soak them with PB Buster!!!! cause you can spin the hoses right around where the flare fitting is and your screwed. What I did was have a stainless tooth brush handy an spray the connection down and then use the brush just behind the fitting and clean the tubing so it becomes seperate from the fitting and TAKE YOUR TIME....

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It all bolts up as everyone has said. Take measurement of the caliper's piston you just picked up and compare it to the ones on your truck. That will let you know how much bigger they are, if any.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it bolts up I was asking about the piston size.

If you got them from a 99 they should be bigger, about 1/4" iirc. Like I said can't tell from your picture though because it doesn't show the piston. :)

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I know you guys got the anwser already, but here is the different, the calipers look almost the same...

You must be registered for see images attach

And yes, pads are more or less the same size, but the stock one WONT fit, since the clips on the inside are wider...

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know you guys got the anwser already, but here is the different, the calipers look almost the same...

And yes, pads are more or less the same size, but the stock one WONT fit, since the clips on the inside are wider...

Hmmm...I just spread the clips by hand, when putting the old pads on to new calipers, and everything worked out perfect.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Hmmm...I just spread the clips by hand, when putting the old pads on to new calipers, and everything worked out perfect.

Really... not gonna lie, i never thought of that one! i dont know why i feel stupid now lol. I just looked at the back of both, and they looked far apart.